Click here for a better viewing experience.
01 Jan 2014 10:22AM (Tournament); 46 Readers
01 Jan 2014 10:23AM (Tournament); 47 Readers
I just lost 90 minutes of detailed commentary!
To summarise: Robert Fletcher hit on the fourth turn and went to 4b. Robert Fulford missed the long lift and Stephen Forster set out on a triple but failed to get position at 3, dispersing his balls with a clearing shot, but leaving a 7-yarder for RF. Then there was a messy period with Samir failing to get going and R Fletcher hitting in, setting for Stephen. Stephen made 3, broke down. Samir missed again (18 yards) and Stephen has bounced off 4 to give Robert Fulford an easy start, with pioneers at 1 and 2.
I'll see if this gets onto the site.
01 Jan 2014 10:34AM (Tournament); 45 Readers
I wish I knew what the problem is.
England won the toss and elected to go first with K (Samir) playing a supershot to 4 yards SSW of the peg. R (Stephen Forster) went to the E bdry and U shot at R from B baulk but went off close to it. Robert Fletcher (Yellow) hit Red from B baulk and went to 4b.
Robert Fulford peeled his partner through 1 and has set off on a tpo, jaw sing Y in 4b after 3 and completing the peel before 5. He is now playing a pass roll from the N bdry, putting auto 6 yards N of 1 but wiring himself from his pioneer (K) at 5. He may have a small slice and attempts to hit it but misses. R is at 6 and the referee is called for a wiring lift, conceded.
16? From A baulk R hits U (2 yards) and has an easy start to a break from 4. The clips are: Y on penultimate, U on 5, K on 2 and R in play.hg
01 Jan 2014 10:51AM (Tournament); 53 Readers
16? (continued). Stephen (R) jawses Y in penultimate after 6, completes the peel after 1b, uses Y, the peelee, at 3b, fails to get the rush to rover, sends Y to excellent position in front of rover, sends U to penultimate, makes 4b off U and is in a good position to finish, which he does. Game 1 to Australia.
01 Jan 2014 11:08AM (Tournament); 50 Readers
1. K( Stephen Forster) to E bdry.
2. Y (Samir Patel) to just S of II.
3. U hits K from A baulk, moves Y to 13 yards S of II and sets rush on E bdry for U towards Y, 8 yards n of IV.
4. R hits Y from A baulk, is slightly hampered after 1, calls referee, copes, digs Y out from 3 yards SE of II, makes 2 and has a controlled break.
01 Jan 2014 11:30AM (Tournament); 52 Readers
4 (continued). Goes to 4b leaving u on 2 and K on 4 with rush for U on R for 1, 8 yards N of IV.
5. Stephen (K) misses from B baulk to IV.
6. Samir (Y) makes 1 severely hampered, leaves Y near R, both NE of 1.
7. U to E bdry, peg high.
8. Y sets up in IV with a rush to I.
9. K to I.
10. R puts K to 6 yards W of 2, U 2 yards in from the E bdry peg high and sets a rush for Y to U at the end of A baulk, leaving an open double for U.
11. U misses the double through the centre, very close to both.
12. Y sets off on a break but sticks in 2. Referee is called to check clearance but the ball does not touch both wires on any diameter.
13. K goes to 4b, leaving Y 3 yards E and 15 yards S of II, R 6 yards N of 4, U in IV and K a yard N of it.
14. Y is lifted to A baulk and misses U.
Lunch. it is not fully overcast but still quite bright, temperature must be about 21 or 22 degrees.
01 Jan 2014 1:18PM (Tournament); 58 Readers
Play resumes at 1:17pm.
15. U sends Y out 4 yards, K 7 yards short of 2 and rushes R to1 yard N of 1. He makes 1 with a backward rush and sends R to 3 yards SSW of 3, but gets no rush on Y. Y is sent to 3 with an equal roll which passes K. The roll to 2 does not gain position with Y and R about 3 yards apart. U retires to I leaving K almost on the N bdry behind 2.
16. Y hits R, leaves it near 3, goes to K, takes off to 2 yard position at 2 and bounces off to W bdry level with 2.
17. K joins U 4 feet to its east.
18. RF & SP remain seated for two minute discussion. Then walk to 3 for another discussion, standing over R, looking at opponent balls. Robert Fulford shoots at U in I and hits the 35 yarder. More discussion. U is sent 5 yards S of 4 and K to 2 yards N of 3. U and K may or may not be wired. R and Y are left 3 yards W of 2 (Y clip is on 2), wired? from K.
19. K to I.
20. Delay while SP returns from clubhouse.
01 Jan 2014 1:46PM (Tournament); 0 Readers
I have retained details of turns 4(continued) to 14, after which lunch was taken, however I lost all details after lunch until Samir started the turn he is now on.
Clips are R and K on 4b, U on 2. Y in play making 2b, no peels.
01 Jan 2014 2:04PM (Tournament); 11 Readers
Hooray, that last lot apparently got to the site!
Samir continues with Y. He has sent his partner ball to penult obviously not intending to try any peels. He is slightly hampered after penult, calls a referee, copes. The leave is U 7 yards WSW of 2, k at peg, wired from U, with R ad Y on the E bdry, level with 5, with a 1 yard rush towards the peg
20? U (Robert Fletcher) is lifted to B baulk, N of 3, and he shoots at K (17yards). Misses by very little to S bdry in front of 1.
21? R (Robert Fulford) finishes. One game all.
01 Jan 2014 2:25PM (Tournament); 34 Readers
At 26 Oct 2021 11:38AM (Tournament) there are 5 people reading commentaries.